Here are five more great reasons to try more independent authors in 2013 continued from the previous post, 10 Reasons to Read More Independent Online Authors in 2013 – Part I.
- 5) People love telling their personal stories, and our experiences unite us. You can potentially find a similar solution to a problem in your own life in the form of someone’s narrative. The world of independent online publishing opens the doors for people who may have never thought about publishing before to publish, so there are all kind of stories to help and inspire you.
- 4) It’s so much fun to be the discoverer of new and interesting things. Some say space and underwater are the final frontiers. Not so my friends, there is so much content being created out in the world that the Internet will be the next frontier of exploration. Information and content are the new frontiers. To infinity and beyond!
- 3) Because some of your favorite authors were rejected by publishing houses multiple times. Sure most didn’t give up, but they also didn’t have the technology we have today. We theorize many would have probably just said, “To heck with this nonsense, I’ll just do it myself.” Beatrix Potter, author of The Tale of Peter Rabbit, did just that with what was available to her in 1901, and look how that turned out for her.
- 2) Some of your current favorite traditionally published authors are coming to the self-published side because the numbers work in their favor.
- 1) Because it’s the future. And you have an opportunity to be an early adopter. The ebook revolution is just beginning, we’re right on the cusp of one of the greatest disruptive innovation cycles since perhaps Gutenberg invented the press, don’t be late to the party.